The Specialized Align helmet is their entry-level helmet but is still packed with features despite the budget-friendly price. The big news is the Align is equipped with Multi-Directional Impact Protection System (MIPS). This patented protection system disperses rotational force caused by angular forces.
The Align is well-ventilated and fitted with the Tr0-Fix web splitter and the Headset SX dial fit system, making the fit and adjustment a doddle.
• The MIPS system is a low-friction layer that allows a sliding motion of 10 to 15mm in all directions. Studies indicate that this reduces some of the rotational forces transmitted to the brain during angled impacts
• With the Specialized Tri-Fix holding your straps in place and three shell sizes, riders can achieve an easy and accurate fit that accommodates a wide range of head sizes. Add in a micro-adjustable dial for on-the-fly adjustability and you are ensured an easy, secure, and accurate fit
• 4th Dimension Cooling System optimises ventilation
• In-moulded shell improves strength and reduces weight
• Reflective decals help with increased visibility in low-light conditions
The Ambush 2 has been fully redesigned from the buckle-up with essential features for next-gen trail riding. The Ambush 2 channels ample ventilation through modern styling, with a superb fit and eyewear integration.
- Sized to drop in with a highly customisable fit and precision adjustment. The Ambush 2 features the SBC Integrated Fit system and adjustable Tri-Fix splitters to provide a dialled fit.
- Fine-tune your vision with the Ambush 2’s Occipital Base Adjustment to precisely adjust how the helmet sits on the brow for seamless integration with goggles and glasses for an unrestricted view down the trail.
- Innovative sunglasses storage with hidden rubber flaps maintains a secure, rattle-free fit, keeping your glasses safely stored when you need to get them out of the way during long climbs or moments of rest.
- Computational Fluid Dynamic design integrates the maximum volume of internal channelling for optimal airflow through the helmet, drawing heat away from the head. 4D brow cooling, which provides a gap between the helmet and forehead, draws airflow into internal air channels at every speed.
- Integrated fixed visor with a breakaway feature provides increased trail vision and a seamless interface with eyewear while effectively channelling airflow through the helmet for superb ventilation.
- Strategically optimised dual-density EPS foam eliminates bulk and reduces excess weight.
The Camber helmet was created by Specialized to cater for all riders of all ages. It is equipped with all the comfort and style you would expect and is well-ventilated.
- The Camber earned the highest 5-star Virginia Tech Helmet Rating from the internationally renowned Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
- The MIPS system is a low-friction layer that allows a sliding motion of 10 to 15mm in all directions. Studies indicate that this reduces some of the rotational forces transmitted to the brain during angled impacts
- Available in XS to XL sizes across five unique shell sizes, the Camber eliminates excess bulk to deliver a comfortable and streamlined fit to a full range of riders
- The easily adjustable, one-sized Headset SX fit system with an adjustable Tr-Fix web splitter delivers an easy and accurate fit
- 4th Dimension Cooling System optimises ventilation
- In-moulded shell improves strength and reduces weight
- This helmet is ANGI-ready with a fit system mount designed for easy integration with the Specialized ANGI crash sensor
- Average weight: 370 grams (medium)
With a sleek and fast look, the Echelon helmet presents a compact profile on a rider’s head. And with increased ventilation and an ergonomic design, you are guaranteed an exceptional fit, tremendous comfort, and ample ventilation. Accordingly, it is the ideal helmet for road cycling enthusiasts.
- Easy-adjust Headset SL II fit system with six height positions and micro-adjustable dial.
- 4th Dimension Cooling System optimises ventilation.
- Composite matrix internal reinforcement allows larger vents for greater cooling.
- Tri-Fix web splitter for improved comfort and ease of strap adjustments.
- Reflective decals for increased visibility to motorists in low-light conditions.
- Fit system is ANGi crash sensor ready.
Specialized designed the Mode helmet to fit perfectly and look great. Complete with elegant lines that deliver a modern, clean look it has practical elements. The ventilation is achieved by using hidden, integrated vents to increase airflow. All you could want.
• Hidden vent integration helps cool you off when the heat is on
• The integrated fit adjustment system delivers a personalised fit and occipital base adjustment
• Mode is offered in three shell sizes and two head forms for distinctive fits: Classic SBC head form and Round Fit head form
• Mode earned the highest 5-Star Virginia Tech® Helmet Rating™ from the internationally renowned Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
• Whether you are riding acoustic or electric, Mode passes the Dutch e-bike Standard NTA8776 so you can ride with confidence
• Reflective decals and Stix Light compatibility makes for seamless day and night time visibility
• MIPS-equipped and ANGi ready
S-Works Prevail II Helmets
The second edition of the S-Works Prevail Road Helmet had a tough act to follow. Acknowledged as setting the industry benchmark for fit, ventilation and comfort the original had set a high bar. That did not deter Specialized who spoke to riders to understand where improvements could be made. They listened and the most commented-on factor was the request to make the helmet sit lower when worn.
• Integrated ANGi crash sensor
• Includes a lifetime subscription to the Specialized Ride app
• New MIPS SL is the lightest, most ventilated MIPS protection to date and is exclusively available on Specialized helmets
• Patented Energy Optimised Multi-Density EPS construction helps to manage impact energy
• Patented aramid-reinforced skeleton provides internal EPS support
• Ultra-light Mindset HairPort II micro-dial fit system with height adjustability for the perfect fit
• Mega Mouthport optimises cooling and sweat evaporation
• Aerodynamic design
• 4th Dimension Cooling System with deep internal channels, large vents, and aligned exhaust ports
• Thin, soft, and lightweight 4X DryLite webbing will not stretch out with sweat or water
• Tri-Fix web splitter for improved comfort and ease of strap adjustments
• Instrap webbing system for ultra-light construction and security
• Gutter Action brow pad design for increased comfort and sweat management
• Reflective decals for increased visibility to motorists in low-light conditions
S-Works Prevail III Helmets
• The Best Ventilated Helmet They Have Ever Made. The S-Works Prevail 3 helmet is perfect for riders who value the comfort and thermoregulation benefits that superior ventilation delivers. It is the ultimate all-around helmet that excels in hot conditions, strenuous climbs, and mountainous stages.
• Ultimate in Airflow. It is a never-ending quest to push the limits of ventilation, they have eliminated air-blocking foam “bridges” from the centre, effectively creating thru-air channels that increase the surface area of ventilation by 24.5% compared to the S-Works Prevail II Vent helmet. The all-new S-Works Prevail 3 has the most ventilation area of any helmet they have ever made.
S-Works Evade 3 Helmets
• The Fastest Gets Cooler. The most aero road helmet in the peloton now breathes better. The S-Works Evade 3 was reinvented from the inside out to cool better, making it the fastest choice for more stages.
• Diffusing the competition. Through extensive Computational Fluid Dynamics and Win Tunnel testing, Specialized created a rear “diffuser” that helps minimise drag and improve ventilation. The diffuser helps optimise aero performance by allowing air to release more easier and improves ventilation by drawing 10% more air through the helmet at a given speed.
The Specialized Tactic MTB helmet offers an unprecedented combination of fit, ventilation, and confidence for trail and enduro riding. The helmet delivers exceptional coverage and seamless integration with goggles or glasses.
- Tune a more precise, personalised fit thanks to Tactic’s slim, incredibly adjustable Integrated Fit System that accommodates variations in head shape and occipital base.
- Occipital base adjustment personalises fit for comfort and allows you to tune helmet angle to ensure that your helmet and eyewear stay perfectly cinched.
- Integrated fixed visor provides increased trail vision and a seamless interface with eyewear. Specifically designed eyewear channels always give you a spot to store your glasses at a moment’s notice.
- Computational Fluid Dynamic design integrates the maximum volume of internal channelling for optimal airflow through the helmet drawing heat away from the head. 4D brow cooling which provides a gap between the helmet and forehead draws airflow into internal air channels at every speed.
- Whether you are riding acoustic or e-MTB, the Tactic is certified to NTA 8776.
- The Tactic earned the highest 5-Star Virginia Tech® Helmet Rating™ from the internationally renowned Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University.
- Fitted with a MIPS Evolve solution.
- An integrated fit system allows for extended (occipital) coverage.
- This helmet is ANGi ready, with a fit system mount designed for easy integration with our ANGi crash sensor.
Specialized Helmet Size Guide
Balfe’s Bikes Specialized Helmet Size Guide
Align II Helmets
|Head Circumference (cm)
Ambush II, Evade 3, Mode, Prevail 3, Tactic 4 Helmets
|Head Circumference (cm)
|Head Circumference (cm)
|Head Circumference (cm)